Pregnancy Exercise has been amazing for me but at the right level. Here are 8signs to slow down to stop.
Your center of gravity shifted, but you’re also carrying more weight and may tire more quickly. That’s why it’s important to check with your doctor before beginning a fitness regimen, exercise carefully, and listen closely to your body when you work out. Don’t be so hard on yourself
8 Signs you may be exercising too hard
- You can’t carry on a conversation during your workout If your heart is pounding and you can’t carry on a conversation without being out of breath, you’re probably working too hard. The goal is to work within your ability level and exercise moderately – not too easy, not too hard – for 20 to 30 minutes.
- You feel exhausted instead of energized after a workout A healthy workout will leave you feeling a little tired at first, but mostly energized and refreshed. If you feel completely drained or increasingly fatigued long after the workout, you’re probably overdoing it.
- You feel pain during or after a workout Exercise shouldn’t hurt. You may feel a bit sore during or after a workout, but the soreness shouldn’t linger. If it does, you probably overused your muscles or joints.
- Your muscles feel so weak it’s affecting your balance Extreme muscle weakness isn’t typical after exercise. If you’ve worked your muscles to the point that it’s difficult to keep your balance, you’re overexerting yourself.
- Your morning resting heart rate is elevated more than 10 beats per minute A morning resting heart rate that’s higher than usual could mean that your heart and muscles are getting overworked.
- You’re getting sick a lot, with longer recovery times Too much exercise can take a toll on your immune system, making it harder for your body to fight off colds and other infections.
- You feel irritable, depressed, or unable to focus Pregnancy’s hormonal shifts can lead to mood swings in some women, but overexercising and not getting enough rest can strain your mood as well. This can also make you feel less motivated to work out.
- You have trouble sleeping, or you wake up still feeling tired If your body is overtrained, it doesn’t have enough time to rest and recover in between workouts, so it’s hard to fall asleep and stay asleep through the night.