These are some AWESOME Holiday Treats Gone Healthy, Enjoy!
Dark Chocolate Superfood Bites
- 8 oz . dark chocolate , chopped into small pieces
- 12 Tbsp . raw pistachio pieces
- 12 Tbsp . pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 12 Tbsp . unsweetened dried cranberries
- 1 tsp . coarse sea salt (or Himalayan salt) (optional)
Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Place chocolate in a microwave-safe glass measuring cup. Microwave for 60 seconds on 50%; stir. Microwave for another 30 seconds on 50%; stir until chocolate is completely melted. If needed, microwave for an additional 30 seconds on 50%. Do not overcook. Chocolate will melt as you stir it.
Use a spoon to make twenty four small rounds of chocolate onto the parchment paper.
Working while chocolate is still warm, sprinkle chocolate rounds evenly with nuts, pumpkin seeds, cranberries, and salt (if desired).
Let the chocolate set at room temperature, or put the bites in the refrigerator to speed things up.
The higher the percentage of cacao in chocolate the better. Look for chocolate that is at least 70% cacao.
• The following raw nuts (alone or in combination) can be substituted for pistachios: almonds, cashews, hazelnuts, macadamia nuts, peanuts, pecans, or walnuts.
• The following seeds (alone or in combination) can be substituted for pumpkin seeds: chia seeds, flax seeds, hemp seeds, or sunflower seeds.
• The following unsweetened dried fruits (alone or in combination) can be substituted for cranberries: apricots, blueberries, mangos, raisins, or tart red cherries.
• Substitute unsweetened shredded coconut for seeds.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 0 mg
Sodium: 97 mg
Carbohydrates: 8 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugars: 5 g
Protein: 3 g
These gingerbread balls are a yummy holiday treat!
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup dry old-fashioned rolled oats gluten-free
- 1 scoop Vanilla Shakeology
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- 1¼ cups pitted dates packed
Place almond flour, oats, Shakeology, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in a food processor; pulse until mixture is the consistency of flour.
Add half of dates; pulse until well blended.
Add remaining dates; pulse until mixture forms a uniform dough.
Shape dough into 12 walnut-sized balls; place in airtight container.
Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving.