5 Tips for More Energy!
Do you ever feel like you are running on EMPTY? I don’t drink coffee so I have compiled some awesome tips for MORE energy, I hope they help!
1. Exercise: Exercise almost guarantees that you’ll sleep more soundly. It also gives your cells more energy to burn and circulates oxygen. And exercising causes your body to release epinephrine and norepinephrine, stress hormones that in modest amounts can make you feel energized. Even a brisk walk is a good start.
2. CaffeineCaffeine does help increase alertness, so it can help sharpen your mind. But to get the energizing effects of caffeine, you have to use it judiciously. It can cause insomnia, especially when consumed in large amounts or after 2 p.m. I do not drink coffee but I am OBSESSED with our #mamagogojuiceas I call it. I blast through my toughest challenges (like getting my toddler dressed) with a surge of energy, and it helps with my workouts too 😉 AND it now comes in Fruit Punch PLUS our original Lemon
3. Drink Water:If your body is feeling tired or hungry you may not need sleep or food, you may just need water. You should be drinking half your body weigh in ounces of water everyday!
4. Put Away Electronics : If you are sitting in bed scrolling on your phone it’s going to take you WAY longer to fall asleep than if you put it down and let your mind slow down. The same goes for the TV bu the nature of your phone often keeps your attention longer. So pick a time to put it down and make a decision to close your eyes and let your brain rest.
5. Food is Fuel:So many foods will make you sluggish but SO many will help you get and sustain (not crash) energy through the day. Try this awesome recipe:
Cookie Dough Energy Balls
- ½ cup all-natural almond butter
- ¼ cup raw honey
- ½ cup finely chopped raw almonds
- 2¼ scoops Vanilla Shakeology
- 2 Tbsp. mini semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- Combine almond butter, honey, almonds, Shakeology, and chocolate chips in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Roll into thirteen balls, about 1-inch in diameter each.
- Store in fridge.