Self Love is In. Valentine’s Day is basically synonymous with chocolate and I would NEVER tell you that you have to give up chocolate!! In fact, did you know that eating chocolate increases the levels of endorphins released into the brain… which is why it’s a comfort food! The endorphins lessen pain and decrease stress #ChocolateIsStressRelief
Here’s a tasty recipe for treat – Double Chocolate Strawberry Muffins!
- 1½ c white whole wheat flour
- 1½ tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup honey
- ⅓ cup 100% fruit seedless strawberry jelly
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1½ tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c stemmed and hulled, finely chopped fresh strawberries
- ¼ cup + 1 tbsp dark mini chocolate chips, divided use
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare muffin pans by lining with baking cups.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and sea salt, whisking to thoroughly combine.
- In a medium bowl, combine honey, strawberry jelly, applesauce, egg, coconut oil, and vanilla, mixing thoroughly.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients to the well. Stir batter just enough to combine, being careful not to over-mix.
- Add the strawberries and ¼ cup mini chocolate chips, and stir again briefly, just to combine.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin liners, filling each about ⅔ – ¾ full. Do not over-fill.
- Sprinkle the remaining mini chocolate chips evenly on top of the muffins.
- Bake for 14-19 minutes, just until a toothpick inserted in the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool muffins in the pan for about 5 minutes or until the muffins are beginning to set and are cool enough to handle. Remove the muffins to wire racks to cool completely.
RULES TO LIVE BY
- Remember that your body is an opportunity, not a scapegoat.
- YOU are your primary source of confidence; do not rely on others to define your worth.
- Change your inner monologue to one that sees possibilities, not problems, potential, not shortcomings, blessings, not imperfections.
- Exercise is a way to improve your internal health and strength, not a way to punish or control your body.
- Do not put off the things you wish to experience because you are waiting to do them in a different body.
- Your body is an instrument, not an ornament.
A lot of times, when we hear the term “self-love,” we know we should be doing more of that but we never really commit to anything. But February is the month of love… so, why not show some of that love to yourself?! I’m putting together some super fun challenges for our support + accountability community in February and I’d love to have you join us.
Are you ready to start treating your body with kindness and showing yourself love with delicious + nutritious foods, exercise that you can actually enjoy (because trust me, I have something for EVERYONE), and a group of people who will support you every step of the way?
PS For a limited time you get a FREE box Pumpkin Spice Shakeology with your Challenge pack order, check out my fave challenge packs