5 easy meal prep tips that I am excited to share with you!
Let’s talk about meal prep, how well do you do? What can you do better? We can make it easy on ourselves and enjoy our meals.
- Plan. This means to plan out what you are eating and stick to it. This will help you save money and time. This does not mean that you have to know exactly what you are going to have every single meal BUT in general you can know what you are going to have. This will help you make a list of what you need to buy and stick to it. This will not only help you eat healthier BUT it will also help you save money and cut down on food waste.
- Skip the takeout. Takeout gets expensive and we tend to not make the best decisions when we get takeout. We get takeout because we are either a. bored with the food at home or b. short on time. We love getting those meal delivery kits. There is ZERO waste and always new recipes so you never are making ‘the same shit’. Want to give it a shot? Try Hello Fresh for $40 off.
- Out of sight, out of mind. Get rid of all of the junk! You do not need all those chips, chocolate and candy in the house. If it is there, you will eat it and because it’s in front of your face.
- In sight, in mind. Just like we just talked about keeping things that make not help you reach your goals, make sure you keep things in sight that WILL help you reach your goals. This means you will want to prep stuff to make it easy. For example
- Cook more than one serving at once.
- Make large pots of chili and chicken, rice, and bean soup to freeze for fast lunches or dinners. Easy, cheap, healthy, and YUMMY!
- Buy frozen veggies in bulk. Quick and easy to heat up- throw in soups, in tupperwares for lunches, or a quick dinner side. PLUS they don’t spoil.
- Cook rice and quinoa and refrigerate for meals throughout the week.
- Make a large batch of your favorite healthy salad dressing and refrigerate it for use throughout the month.
- Buy bread in bulk and refrigerate it or freeze it.
- Cut up fruits and veggies and put them in containers so you can have easy meals for grab and go.
- Take a little time. You can spend 30-60 minutes after you get some from the grocery store prepping all the stuff you just brought home. This will make it much easier for you to ENJOY the foods you just bought and ensure they don’t spoil before you can use them!
Easy meal prep is KEY! If you make it easy, you will enjoy it, don’t over think it and keep it S-I-M-P-L-E!