I just got back from vacation and managed to maintain my health and fitness. I have compiled my 5 best Healthy Holiday Travel Tips.
I know this time a year a lot of us are traveling to friends and families for the holidays and vacation. On the road it’s often hard to stay on track with your health and fitness. Let’s talk about my top 5 healthy travel tips.
- Set realistic goals. You probably aren’t going to lose a ton of weight and inches if you are on the road. If you set a realistic goal and hit it you are more likely to be encouraged to keep going. Whereas if you set an unrealistic goal and get off track, it’s often hard to pick back up because you feel defeated.
- Start your day by moving. I am not saying you have to go to the gym every morning but if you like the gym then do that. But if you don’t have a gym then simply go for a walk or plan an active family activity. Just move! You will feel so much better starting your day like this.
- Plan your treats. Not every meal needs to be perfect but not every meal needs to be a treat either. Know where you are going to splurge and where you are going to keep it healthy. This will also help keep your energy up. I find the more treats I have, especially sugary ones, the more I peak then crash.
- Pack healthy snacks. This will help you from getting HANGRY. I also pack my Shakeology because I know if I start to get hungry, I can get my Superfoods by just shaking them up with some water. Pick something that is grab and go and doesn’t need refrigeration or special storage.
- ENJOY YOURSELF. Don’t obsessed over every little thing you eat or don’t eat. Try to relax a bit and enjoy yourself without going overboard. You can still have a great time without overstuffing yourself. It’s a lifestyle not a diet!