How can you boost your health? Dealing with a pandemic is NO JOKE but you CAN do things to keep yourself as healthy as possible. Give yourself a fighting chance and you will be glad you did.
The first step is always the hardest but these small changes can truly improve your health. And they involve drinking coffee 😉
1. Sleep. This SO incredibly important. You have to let yourself and your family rest. Many of us are not able to run around and do the 1001 activities we normally do so use this time to re-charge. Get the 8 hours of sleep that is recommended and let your body catch up a bit. Imagine not waking up groggy in the morning
2. Exercise. You have to move your body, keep things flowing. For those of you who go to the gym, I am going to suggest at this time that is no go because, ya know the whole social distancing thing. BUT getting outside is key so take a walk, run or simply workout in your home. Even do some sit ups during commercial breaks. Keeping the blood flowing is SO important to help you boost your health.
3. Down Some Joe. Yep, coffee has lots of awesome antioxidant benefits. Coffee used to have a bad rap and adding tons of cream and sugar isn’t the way to go but studies have found it can be good for you in moderation. PLUS caffeine can actually help your workouts. Don’t like coffee? Make Your Tea Green. Tea is also a healthy beverage, containing health-promoting substances such as polyphenols, catechins, and epicatechins, which research suggests have antioxidant-like properties. But just like coffee, don’t load it up with sugar and cream. If you want to add something creamy and sweet try some almond milk creamer and stevia.
4. Eat Healthy. I know this seems obvious but seriously, watch what you put in your body. Fruits, veggies and superfoods will help your body fight off disease. You know how crappy you feel the morning after a bad eating day? Well your body is telling you something so listen to it.
5. Drink All The Water. You?ve probably heard that you need to drink eight glasses of water a day well actually your daily water requirements vary depending on your age, gender, size, activity level, and other factors. THis is what I follow: Drink your body weight, divided by two, in ounces. So if you weigh 150 pounds ? that would be 150 divided by 2, which equals 75. That?s 75 ounces of water you should be drinking every day. Carry around a bottle you can re-fill and if you need something more than plan water try seltzer or some of these flavors. They are DELISH and add something sweet.
Seriously, taking care of yourself from the INSIDE out is the way to go: Sleep, move, eat and drink 🙂 You can boost your health.