The best way to beat stress this week is to stay positive and fill your heart with the love and gratitude of the season! We know that there are TONs of Summer BBQs and parties. Really, I am all about 80/20 eating. That?s sticking to plan 80% of the time and enjoying treats the other 20%.
- It?s okay to splurge now and then. Yes! If you?re sticking to your healthy, staying consistent with workouts, you have wiggle room to enjoy yourself and indulge here and there!
- Don?t let the holiday throw you off track. A splurge is fine… but make sure it stays just that… a splurge. Don?t let yourself fall into that mental trap of giving up on everything you?ve worked so hard for because you took it easy for a day or two.
- Portion Size Matters. You can sample a little bit of all the tasty treats on your table without going overboard. Serve out a small portion of the things that look the best. Going back for seconds is okay! Taking a little bit of time between servings will make it easier to choose reasonable serving sizes based on how hungry you actually are instead how hungry you think you are.
- Quality Counts! If you are preparing the meal or bringing a dish to someone else?s, try to make it something healthy and filling so you know you have at least one option to rely on. If this i
sn?t an option, just go for larger portions of nutrient dense foods like turkey and veggies, and just sample the richer dishes.
- Don?t fast for the feast. We want you to eat! Not eating all da
y before a big meal will actually cause your body to store the fat from the foods when you finally do eat. Not to mention that you?ll be way more hungry and craving larger portions! Instead, stick to small, nutrient dense meals throughout the day including greens, lean protein, fruit and a bit of healthy fats. This ensures you get the fuel you need without going overboard come dinnertime.
- Walk it off. The morning time is a great time for a BOOTY CALL!!! Pressed for time before your party? Go for a walk in the morning before cooking gets underway and family time makes getting in that workout impossible.
- ?Enjoy yourself! Above all this is the time for enjoyment and gratitude. Avoid stressing out about what your eating for the day. Think ahead and try to make reasonable choices, but if something looks really good… have a bite!
I am running a FREE 7 Day Grilling Out Healthy Eating Challenge starting Tuesday. Want to join us? Just email me at FitResQ@gmail.com