I am a big believer that you can eat your veggies and enjoy them too! I want to share my 3 top tips to make veggies taste great.
There are 1001 ways to make veggies, but I am a huge fan of air frying and/or oven roasting. You get all the spices and seasonings in there, a bit of caramelization but that roasted flavor is perfection. It’s a big misconception that veggies need to be boring and bland. In fact, I would argue that it really doesn’t matter what the ‘base’ is veggies, carbs, protein it’s really how it’s seasoned that cooked that makes a different because it’s those flavors and texture that you really enjoy.
Veggies aren’t just for eating alone. You can literally just take whatever veggie you want, chop it up, throw it on a baking sheet or a grill pan and roast it up. You can use any blend of spice you want some oil to help with the caramelization process, YUM. You can even throw your fave protein on there and make an easy one sheet dinner.
So here are my top 3 tips for perfectly roasted veggies.
- Try to cut them up around the same size so they cook evenly, this applies if you are adding protein to the sheet as well.
- Season it up! Do not be shy with the seasonings. Most seasoning doesn’t have fat or even calories so use lots to get full flavor
- When you place them on a pan, make sure they have room. Separating them will get you the most even cooking. If you are using a grill basket and throwing on the grill, you can pile them on
Want to get a little fancier, this is my FAVE veggie recipe right now!
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup Franks Red Hot, I love the buffalo
- 1 TBSP butter, melted
- PREHEAT oven to 425°F. Mix flour, water, salt and garlic powder in a large bowl; stir until smooth. Add cauliflower, tossing gently until evenly coated with batter.
- ARRANGE cauliflower in single layer on large shallow baking pan sprayed with no stick cooking spray.
- BAKE 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- MIX RedHot Sauce and melted butter in a bowl and then throw the baked cauliflower in and coat
- BAKE 10 minutes longer or until cauliflower is crispy, turning halfway through cooking.
- I love to dip in yogurt blue cheese!